JOB TITLE: LEGAL SECRETARY
REPORTS TO: OFFICE MANAGER
LOCATION: TOWCESTER OFFICE
To be considered for the role, it is important that the candidate has relevant experience in a secretarial capacity in a busy Law Firm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of correspondence and documents through audiotyping and word processing
- File management i.e. daily filing on clients’ matters
- File opening, closure, storage and retrieval from archive in accordance with the Firm’s procedures
- Preparation of mails and enclosures for dispatch, taking utmost care to attach the appropriate enclosures to the right correspondence
- Diary management to include arranging and re-arranging meetings where necessary, setting reminders for key dates, chasing search results and other such reminders to promote excellent client care and ensure smooth running of files.
- Liaise with clients (both face to face and on the telephone), other solicitors, lenders and other parties as instructed by the Director.
- Provide support to other secretaries if required and requested by the Office Manager.
- Answering incoming calls in a professional manner and directing them to the relevant people, taking detailed and useful messages
- Undertaking general administrative duties
- Assisting with accounts queries, postings and billing
- Preparing, editing and formatting documents
- Some legal research for and on behalf of the Director
Arnold Thomson 2022
- Other such secretarial and administrative tasks as necessary and required by the Director and/or Office Manager
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• Good organisational skills, and ability to multitask.
• Good time keeping and reliability.
• Good communication skills: verbal and written.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and high-quality work.
• Ability to hit the ground running.
• Ability to work as part of a Team – must be a team player.
If you would like to join our vibrant and friendly team, and if you believe that you meet most or all of the above criteria, please send your application to our Office Manager, Mrs. Paula Annetts at email@example.com