|JOB TITLE:||PRIVATE CLIENT SOLICITOR/LAWYER|
|REPORTS TO||HEAD OF DEPARTMENT & DIRECTORS|
|PRIMARY LOCATION||Towcester with potential travel to Market Harborough and to clients mainly within the East Midlands region|
A Private Client Lawyer with at least 5 years of experience is required to join our well-established Private Client Team. Our Private Client Team has witnessed significant growth over the years. To ensure that we continue to maintain the high quality of client care to which our clients are accustomed, there is an excellent opening for another fee earner who is as passionate as we are, about looking after our clients at what is usually one of the most difficult periods of their lives, to join us. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Private Client Lawyer/Solicitor who wishes to progress their career further and to grow with the firm.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Head of Department and other team members to continue to meet our clients’ expectations and to protect their best interests. Highly recommended by both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners UK, we are very passionate about delivering high quality service to our clients and will expect the same of the successful candidate. Given the uniqueness of the team and the overlapping aspects with our Agricultural Property and Rural Estate Team, there is never a boring moment in this role and there is a distinct opportunity for growth and career development. You will be exposed to a broad range of high net worth Private Client matters. You will be joining a respected legal team where you will have the opportunity to further develop your career in a balanced and friendly working environment.
THE PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Working with clients to provide Inheritance Tax and Estate Planning advice, including the drafting of Wills and Trusts as required. While not an essential requirement, working knowledge of Agricultural Property Relief and Business Property Relief (or willingness to learn) will be advantageous.
- Drafting Lifetime Trusts, and working alongside the Head of Private Client in dealing with the implementation of Trust administration procedures.
- Dealing with the administration of estates, including calculating inheritance tax due, ensuring that applications for relevant reliefs are made.
- Taking instructions, drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney, and arranging for registration.
- Assisting with and contributing to the marketing of the team and firm.
- Assisting the Head of Private Client and other Fee Earners by working together to contribute to the achievement of the Firm’s corporate objectives.
- Undertaking any other relevant and associated duties specified by the Head of Private Client and/or the Directors.