|JOB TITLE:||Private Client Secretary|
|REPORTS TO||Head of Department & Director|
This is a very important role within the Firm in general and the Private Client Team in particular. The successful candidate will be expected to provide direct secretarial and administrative support to Director and Head of Department. Essential requirements include excellent organisational and time-keeping skills, professional communication over the telephone and in person, as well as attention to detail and accuracy.
The following are the key duties attached to this role:
- Preparation of correspondence and documents, including Wills, and LPAs through audiotyping and word processing
- File opening, closure, storage, and retrieval from archive in accordance with the Firm’s procedures
- File management i.e., daily filing on clients’ matters
- Preparation of mails and enclosures for dispatch
- Copy or arrange for copying to be done when required
- Diary management to include arranging and re-arranging meetings where necessary, setting reminders for key dates, and other such reminders to promote excellent client care and ensure smooth running of files
- Liaise with clients, other solicitors, probate office, banks and other parties as instructed by the Fee Earners
- Provide support to other secretaries as and when required, and when there’s capacity
- Answering incoming calls in a professional manner, directing them to the relevant people and/or taking detailed and useful messages
- Other such secretarial and administrative tasks as necessary and required by the Head of Department.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have previous legal secretarial experience, preferably in a Private Client role.
- Possess very good organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be willing to provide holiday cover for other Secretaries and assist on Reception from time to time.
- Be punctual and reliable.
Please send your application, stating salary expectation, and availability to Director, Mrs. Remi Stumpenhusen at firstname.lastname@example.org