|JOB TITLE:||CONVEYANCING ASSISTANT|
|REPORTS TO||HEAD OF DEPARTMENT|
We are actively recruiting for a Residential Property Assistant/Paralegal to join our Residential Property Team as soon as possible. This is a very busy and fast-paced environment, and the successful candidate will be expected to provide direct support to the Fee Earner and Head of Department. Essential skills include excellent organisational and time-keeping skills, exceptional communication skills, as well as attention to detail and accuracy.
Primary responsibilities will cover a range of matters from initial instructions through to post-completion. We are firm believers in growth and personal development. This role therefore comes with career progression opportunities for the right candidate. Relevant experience within a similar role is essential. Candidates must possess a good understanding of the conveyancing process
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE
- Dealing with enquiries, providing quotes and file opening on the case management system
- Assisting with the day to day running and administration of Residential Property files; including preparation of standard letters and documents via the Case Management system from receiving instructions through to completion
- Preparing completion statements, setting up and dealing with completions and, as well as post-completion matters.
- Liaise with clients, other solicitors, estate agents, lenders, intermediaries and other parties on the telephone, via email and in person, where necessary, to provide updates and general advice.
- File management and other general administrative duties.
- Preparation of correspondence and document through audio-typing and word processing
- Other such duties as necessary and required by the Fee Earner
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have at least 12 months’ experience in a similar role within a busy Residential Conveyancing Team
- Possess very good organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Have exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- A good understanding of the conveyancing process
Flexible hours will be considered. Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your application, CV and salary expectation to us at RS@arnoldthomson.com